There are many ways to go to windows explorer. you can press windows key+e, you can open My Computer,you can open my documents. In some of the cases folders list pane does not always show up. to do this follow the below steps:
1. Open a Explorer window.
2. Select Tools -> Folder Options -> File Types Tab
3. Scroll down to the Folder file type. It should be one of the top 10 entries with the extension (NONE).
4. Select the Folder item and click Advanced.
5. Select the explore option and click the Set Default button.
6. Click OK and you are done.